How to Soft Reset, Hard Reset Nokia Belle
Sometimes it becomes necessary to Soft Reset, Hard Reset Nokia device. But doing Hard or Soft reset on Nokia can erase the contents of your phone and return to original configuration, so therefore if you are going to Hard or Soft reset your device then make sure to take backup of your Data.
To take backup of your phone you can use Nokia Suite (also known as OVI suite). If you are not having PC then you can backup your files on the external memory card. Once you have taken backup on memory card then remove it before processing Hard or Soft reset.
If you are having MAC computer then it will be better to use iSync to sync all your data like contacts, calendar, settings.
Soft Reset (Restore factory settings)
The soft reset will not erase your data, it will simply restore all factory settings. You must then configure everything. It is recommended to take backup of your data Before before processing Soft reset, including your contacts and calendar entries.
To do a soft reset, the phone must Be functional.
- Open Phone dialer and type: *#7780#.
- It will popup a dialog box Saying “Factory settings will be restored. Phone cannot be used even for emergency calls during restoration”. Tap on the Yes button.
- Now you have to enter the Phone Lock code (default code for all Nokia phone is 12345).
- Your Phone will be restarted and settings will be restored.
Hard Reset (Restore factory settings and format internal memory)
The Hard reset will erase all the data on the internal memory and it also restores the factory settings of your Phone. In Hard reset the files on mass storage Will not be affected, but it will be safe to have backup.
To do a Hard reset, the phone must Be functional.
- Open Phone dialer and type: *#7370#.
- It will popup a dialog box Saying “Delete all data except on memory card? This may take several minutes and not even emergency calls will be possible during this time”. Tap on the Yes button.
Hard Reset if your phone is not functional (on N8, C7, 808)
If you are unable to Hard reset from the above procedure or your Phone is not functioning properly, then you can follow this procedure.
Press Volume Down + Camera + Menu button at the same time for 8 seconds. It will Hard reset your Phone, and may takes several minutes to restart your Phone.
You can try the last method of Hard resting your Phone, on v3 or v5th editions of Nokia Phone. If you got any problem while doing the above steps then you can contact use using the contact form below.